6/12/2011

Offroad: XBee Coordinator API + Arduino UNO + RTC +Temperature Sensor + LCD-Display AND Remote XBee (Sleep Mode with low power consumption) + Temperature Sensor - PART I

What a long headline you might think - but this actually describes very well my longer absence to the blog.

I'm sorry to be again off-road to the book, but before starting with the last Connect-Port experiment in Chapter 7 I still have some things on my to-do list that developed from the preceding chapters of the book.

With the knowledge of all the things learned until now I was eager to implement my first own little project to get a simple temperature sensor network (one outside/ one inside temperature) with a real time clock (RTC) and displaying everything on a LCD-display working.
Base Station (breadboard version)

It's consisiting of:


Base Station:
  • XBee in Coordinator API mode
  • connected to an Arduino UNO
  • Temperature sensor connected to Arduino (AD22100)
  • LCD-Display (16*2) connected to Arduino
  • Real-Time-Clock (RTC DS1307) connected to Arduino 
 Remote Sensor:
Remote Sensor
  • XBee End Device Sleep Mode
  • TMP36 temperature sensor connected
  • Voltage regulator MCP1700 (with very low quiescent current <2µA)
  • running on three AA rechargeable batteries



Part II will be on describing the Base Station.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Thank you for posting this information. It is very helpful. Can you please tell me where did you buy your voltage regulator (MCP1700) I recently moved to Belgium and I dont know many electronic places besides mouser/ebay that carry/distribute electronic components. Can I buy it online? thank you very much,
    Luis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Luis,

    did you check this link from Microchip?

    http://www.microchip.com/distributors/SalesListing.aspx?market=EUROPE&region=EU&terr=Belgium

    Looks like there are some options for you to buy online in belgium.

    Markus

    ReplyDelete